- Experience in one or more of the following programming languages: Java, Kotlin.
- Experience with the Android platform and ecosystem.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, a similar technical field, or equivalent pratical experience.
About the job
As a Software Engineer, you will help solve difficult and important technical challenges, such as improving the smartphone experience for people in Africa, or building products that will help everyone to thrive together. In this role, you will will create ideas for how we can serve relevant and useful information to users, and set goals for how to reimagine the entire online experience. You will help build Android, Google Play products, and collaborate with teams such as Search, Assistant, YouTube, and Payments to create an all-encompassing experience.
Android is Google’s open-source mobile operating system powering more than 3 billion devices worldwide. Android is about bringing computing to everyone in the world. We believe computing is a super power for good, enabling access to information, economic opportunity, productivity, connectivity between friends and family and more. We think everyone in the world should have access to the best computing has to offer. We provide the platform for original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) and developers to build compelling computing devices (smartphones, tablets, TVs, wearables, etc) that run the best apps/services for everyone in the world.
- Build applications and experiences for Android that will make it more customized for the African market.
- Work with external vendors within Africa to help them create the highest quality Android products and experiences.
- Participate in the software feature lifecycle from start to end and collaborate with other Engineers, Product Managers, and User Experience Researchers who will work with you to develop the user experience.