Nova Pioneer is looking for a superstar Global Alumni Affairs Coordinator to start working with us immediately! Our alumni are a key part of the Nova Pioneer community and our vision for long term success. As such, Nova Pioneer aims to build a strong office of alumni affairs and alumni programming to ensure we are supporting our alumni as they continue their journey as young innovators and leaders. You will be responsible for partnering with the Kenya Director of Schools to create and execute on Nova Pioneer Alumni programming. This position would support our alumni in both Kenya and South Africa.
This position is partially remote and the successful candidate MUST reside in either Nairobi or Johannesburg to work from our school campuses from time to time.
ABOUT NOVA PIONEER
Imagine a world in which every young person across Africa attends a school that truly sets them up for success in the 21st century. A school that cares about individual students and allows them to explore the world around them. A school that focuses more on developing skills than on memorizing content. At Nova Pioneer, we have done more than just imagine this future, we are bringing it to life. Nova Pioneer is a pan-African, independent network of schools offering high-quality, accessible education from pre-primary through secondary school. Nova Pioneer uses a unique, enquiry-based learning approach that encourages students to ask “why” instead of telling them the “what”. It allows them to form their own thinking through exploration, investigation and collaboration. Nova Pioneer currently has 14 schools in South Africa and Kenya with a vision to launch 100 schools and reach tens of thousands of students across the African continent in the next decade. To learn more visit www.novapioneer.com.
ABOUT THE ROLE
You will be responsible for:
- Planning and executing the annual Nova Pioneer Alumni Summit in partnership with the Kenya Director of Schools.
- Planning and executing Nova Pioneer’s termly alumni internship and job shadowing programs in partnership with the Kenya Director of Schools.
- Managing onboarding, training and ongoing development of alumni interns.
- Managing onboarding, training and ongoing development of alumni doing job shadow opportunities.
- Partnering with Nova Pioneer Schools in the creation, implementation and foundation building of Alumni Chapters.
- Partnering with the Kenya Director of Schools and Nova Pioneer’s CEO to create the Alumni Advisory Committee to the Nova Pioneer Global Leadership Team.
- Creating and maintaining an alumni database to better understand where alumni currently are, their interests, their needs and ways that they can connect with one another.
- Creating monthly alumni profiles, highlighting alumni and their accomplishments.
- Researching, identifying, doing outreach and initial meetings with organisations and individuals that could partner in our alumni development.
- Creating quarterly alumni events.
- Creating and implementing a job board for alumni that allows them to access internship, job shadow opportunities and paid job opportunities.
- Perform other duties as assigned by your manager
- You possess a Diploma or a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Commerce, Human Resources, Social Sciences ie Psychology, Sociology, Political Sciences or Education or any other relevant field.
*Nova Pioneer alumni are encouraged to apply. If the applicant is a Nova Pioneer alumni, they can be considered if they have not yet completed their diploma/degree. However, It will be important and crucial that you are able to balance a full-time role and your college/ university studies.
- You are passionate about school alumni and the impact that they make on the long lasting mission of a school.
- You are innovative and have past experience in creating large scale programming and managing multiple workstreams.
- You have at least one year experience in a busy start up or innovative organisation or creating projects.
- You have grit and you are willing to bring your best self to work everyday
- You are self disciplined and do not require a lot of hand holding to get the job done.
- You are a great communicator: You are able to provide a clear and persuasive pitch to anyone and have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- You have excellent project management skills and a deep understanding of how to guide a project from idea to implementation.
- You are results driven: You are goal oriented, move fast and take ownership of work.
- You are entrepreneurial and empathetic. You are able to understand the various Nova Pioneer stakeholders and think creatively about how to effectively communicate to them.
- You possess great computer skills – proficiency with Zoom, Excel & GSuite.
- You have very strong organisation, time management, attention to detail and follow‐up skills; high sense of urgency; demonstrated ability to successfully handle multiple projects concurrently.
- You have the ability to thrive in a fast‐paced, entrepreneurial environment
- You are excited about our organizational culture—and in particular, you are fired up to challenge yourself by embracing mutual vulnerability and a firehose of feedback.
WORKING AT NOVA PIONEER
Nova Pioneer is a place where our people experience tremendous growth, fast! We invest heavily in the growth of our people because it leads to greater mastery in both us and our students. “Novaneers” work harder and work longer hours than at most schools but as a result, the growth they experience is extraordinary. We offer consistent and ongoing professional development and provide clear career pathways that ensure that our people are always achieving their personal and professional best. Nova Pioneer has a highly energetic, entrepreneurial environment where our people get to bring their creative and innovative ideas to life. We look for people who are flexible and who are able to adapt and respond quickly to adversity with a positive, can-do attitude (there are no problems, only solutions!). We welcome challenges and roll with the punches because it makes us, and our students, better. There is no problem too big for us! We work hard but we also have a lot of fun together. We bring infectious energy and enthusiasm to everything we do because joy fuels the hardest work and learning. Read more about our culture principles on our website.