Madison General Insurance Kenya Limited is a subsidiary of Madison Group Limited and is a well-known provider of general and health insurance in Kenya. The Group also provides through two other subsidiaries, life Assurance underwriting as well as fund management services. The Company is recruiting for the position of Payables & Tax Accountant who will be based at its Head Office in Madison House, Nairobi.
The Payables & Tax Accountant will supervise the payables section and to ensure analysis of Management Expenses are done timely and accurately.
- Supervise payables section staff and oversee smooth operations of the accounts payables section
- Monthly expenses reconciliation, analysis and reporting before 9th of every month
- Maintain accurate accruals and prepayment schedules
- Ensure payments are done within the agreed turnaround times
- Verification and checking of expenses and branch petty cash reimbursements before payment.
- Analyzing and reconciliation of allocated ledger accounts
- Support month end as well year end closures. Ensuring correct accounting entries and proposing appropriate journals to correct any mis-postings
- Ensure timely payment and filling of accurate statutory returns, taxes and levies as per the compliance checklist.
- Provide accurate reports, including daily cash position and weekly cashflow projections.
- Fixed asset register management
- Management of petty cash and imprest accounting.
- Assist in vendor reconciliation and responding to vendor queries raised
- Responding to audit queries by providing accurate audit schedules of allocated ledgers
Qualifications, Experience and Personal Attributes
- A Bachelor’s Degree (Business Administration /Actuarial Science or related)
- Fully qualified CPA (K), ACCA or CIMA
- 6-8 years’ experience as an accountant in a busy finance environment within
the insurance industry.
- Experience in handling tax matters.
Qualified candidates are requested to forward their applications together with their CVs and copies of documents to the Group HR Manager on firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 9th November, 2022.