Providing financial analysis to support valuation of the actuarial liabilities, pricing of new products, monitoring the performance of existing products, financial projections and market intelligence through industry analysis.
- Collect, compile and analyze data for use in valuation models of liabilities on specific lines of business;
- Collect, compile and analyze data for use in product development, monitoring and reviews on specific lines of business;
- Consolidate and analyze data from AKI/IRA for use in quarterly industry analysis report;
- Perform monthly business and finance data checks on specific lines of business;
- Consolidate and analyze data on the investment portfolio for the subsidiary; and
- Involvement in CIC Group strategic initiatives such as IFRS 17 implementation.
- Actuarial Science or Statistics or Mathematics or a related field is required.
- Student Actuary – At least 3 actuarial exams from the Institute of Actuaries.
- Up to one (1) year of relevant experience.
Skills and Attributes
- Knowledge of actuarial software in terms of capabilities and output;
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Problem solving skills
- Good analytical skills
- Computer literate in MS Office and other office applications
If you have the aforementioned professional and academic qualifications and you are ready to execute the above mandate, strictly apply through: https://cic.co.ke/career/ clearly indicating the position being applied for.
The application should reach us by close of business on 26th August 2022. Please note only short listed candidates will be contacted. If you do not hear from us by 30th September 2022 consider your application unsuccessful.
N/B: This job advert is open to both internal and external candidates.