Wasoko is transforming communities across Africa by revolutionizing access to essential goods and services. By connecting small merchants to the digital economy, we fix inefficient supply chains and provide services previously unavailable to informal businesses. Wasoko aims to provide everything a retailer needs, no wholesalers or banks necessary.
Thousands of retailers across Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda, Cote d’Ivoire, Senegal, Zambia and Rwanda use Wasoko’s mobile ordering and delivery platform to receive the goods they need as quickly and cheaply as possible while also accessing growth financing for the first time. We’re looking to grow our team with highly talented and motivated employees who are excited to work in a fast-paced and dynamic startup environment.
Role: Financial Services Associate
You are responsible for the execution of Wasoko’s Financial Services strategy in Kenya. You are the owner of the Wasoko Financial Services product delivery targets including working capital financing, asset financing, insurance and other financial products to come.
You are charged with training, developing and retaining a world class financial services team delivering effective KYC, sales, credit administration and collections.
Location: Nyeri, Kenya
Reporting into: EA Financial Services Manager
Your Mission in our Vision
Financial services will be the biggest differentiating factor of Wasoko from its competitors. By crafting a suite of services/financial products that not only meets the needs of our customers but also enhances their earnings potential, Wasoko will become an indispensable long-term partner for our customers.
Our strategy is to provide a world class customer experience with regards to accessing basic financial services through effective education and signaling that allows our customers to graduate to more sophisticated financial products. In the long-run, these more sophisticated financial products will be the profit engine of the financial services business
- Capacity to recruit & manage clients including KYC, usage, retention and repayment
- Managing customers directly and in liaison with the sales team to ensure:
- Ensure they order the set number of SKUs and grow their SKUs per order
- Ensure they grow Average Revenue Per User MoM
- Ensure on-time repayment of credit with capacity to escalated collections
- Daily follow up of overdue invoices through phone calls and field visitations
- Developing Pay plans / Promise to Pay database with elaborate follow ups
- Ensure a thorough KYC process by conducting a verification exercise for all new clients and capturing relevant information in systems for decision making
- Conduct customer education to all new and existing clients to ensure adherence to Sokowatch credit terms and communicate any changes of policy
- Handle all customer and agents complaints within the credit portfolio
- Any other duties may be assigned
- Diploma in a Business related course
- Proven work experience in credit management
- Good understanding of lending procedures & credit related laws
- 2-4 years of credit experience
- Be willing to regularly travel to customer sites
- Have considerable experience with customer negotiations