Moove is on a mission to make Africa and other emerging markets more productive and successful by redefining access to auto finance and vehicle ownership. Our starting point is a technology-enabled lending model to radically transform the availability of auto finance and vehicles for on-demand ride sharing services across tier 1 African cities. By doing so, Moove is creating sustainable jobs for mobility entrepreneurs in the mobility sector.
About the Role
Moove is looking for an experienced professional with strong business acumen and an entrepreneurial attitude to be the Data Analyst, reporting to the Head of AI & Analytics. As a proven result-driven person, the Monitoring & Compliance Supervisor will be tasked with the effective monitoring of the team captains.
The ideal candidate will have extensive knowledge of the automotive finance industry and a proven track record in implementing successful growth strategies and leading teams.
In this role, you will dig deep into compliance. that makes the organization more efficient, effective and productive. If you’ve got drive, some big ideas, and an uncanny knack for compliance, this is the role for you!
We are looking for an experienced analyst who will be responsible for data management and analysis, problem identification and resolution to ensure integrity of the data, Implementation of department strategies. The ideal candidate will be data driven, good at documentation, project management, and shifting comfortably between strategy and execution.
What you will be doing
- Interpret data, analyze results using statistical techniques and provide ongoing reports (Exploratory data analysis)
- Identifying patterns and trends in data sets
- Work with management to prioritize business and data needs
- Handle ad-hoc request for data discovery, exploration and insights for business and product improvements
- Define data layers for events or properties that needs to be tracked
- Conduct impact analysis and gap analysis as per product and business needs
- Collaborate with DE for insight automation when dealing with recurring data request or information
- Create data visualisations to effectively convey findings
- Gatekeeper for data quality
What you will need for this position
- BS in Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, Information Management or Statistics
- Must have the ability to write complex SQL, doing cohort analysis, comparative analysis
- Experience working directly with business users to build reports, dashboards and solving business questions with data
- Experience with doing analysis using Python, R and Spark is a plus
- Experience with Tableau, QuickSight is a plus
- Knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages for analyzing datasets (Excel, SPSS, SAS, …)
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Adept at queries, report writing and presenting findings
Who You’ll Be Working with:
Directly reporting to our Head of AI & Analytics, and closely working with our Data team.
About the team
Our team is collaborative, positive, curious, and engaged. We think fast, work smart, laugh often, and are looking for like-minded people to join us in our mission to disrupt vehicle ownership and make cities better.
Moove is strongly committed to diversity within its community.
The Company’s approved Employment Equity Plan and Targets will be considered as part of the recruitment process. As an Equal Opportunities employer, we welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently.
Pre-hiring Notice: Moove relies on the accuracy of information contained in employment applications, as well as the accuracy of other data presented throughout the hiring process and during employment. Any misrepresentations, falsifications, or material omissions in any information or data provided by an applicant may result in the applicant being excluded from further consideration for employment or, if an individual has already been hired, termination of employment.
EEO Statement: Moove is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, political affiliation or any other protected characteristic.
About Moove: Moove is a mobility asset finance company and is Uber’s preferred fleet partner across Sub-Saharan Africa. Our Vision is to democratise vehicle ownership and empower mobility entrepreneurs across Africa.
Our Core values are Compassion, Excellence, Innovation, Teamwork, Trust and Ownership.
Remote status Hybrid Remote