- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience in distributed systems and mobile.
- Experience in creating, executing, and delivering against features and driving business impact.
- Experience in managing globally distributed teams.
- Master’s or similar degree.
- Experience with operating within and leading cross-functional teams (i.e., product management, implementation, legal, finance, marketing, etc.)
- Experience working with partners and developing relationships within mobile/telephony products.
- Ability to partner with developers around the world to ensure they are enabled to make experiences that delight users.
- Ability to represent and explain complex business or technical concepts.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
About the job
As a General Manager, you will address the needs of users in the mobile world by building an excellent smartphone experience, enabling developers to build great apps, and partnering with Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEMs) and carriers to reach users.
In this role, you will be part of a growing team and drive our efforts. You will be responsible for driving the direction for Android, Google Play, and Chrome efforts and ensure that Google is bringing value to users and partners.
Android is Google’s open-source mobile operating system powering more than 3 billion devices worldwide. Android is about bringing computing to everyone in the world. We believe computing is a super power for good, enabling access to information, economic opportunity, productivity, connectivity between friends and family and more. We think everyone in the world should have access to the best computing has to offer. We provide the platform for original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) and developers to build compelling computing devices (smartphones, tablets, TVs, wearables, etc) that run the best apps/services for everyone in the world.
- Build and scale products.
- Grow and foster a mission driven user experience and product team to solve problems for users.
- Support development of operating system features or applications to address the unique needs of users.
- Scale teams based on key market and customer insights.
- Solve the interaction/design challenges involved in addressing device constraints and unique user requirements for users, working closely with Engineering Managers, UX team, external partners, and third-party developers.