- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience in product management or technical leadership, managing teams focused on user facing products.
- Experience with Africa market/user expectations.
- Experience working as a General Manager leading cross-functional teams.
- Ability to be an innovative problem solver that can turn ambiguous problems into clear solutions.
- Ability to achieve goals in a fast-paced environment and influence without authority.
- Ability to be comfortable with new technology and think outside the box to develop and implement short- and long-term creative solutions.
- Ability to build relationships with clients, partners, and other teams.
- Excellent communication, collaboration, and team oriented management skills.
About the job
As a General Manager (GM) for Google Search, you will grow a team focused on creating a dedicated strategy for Google Search. You will be responsible for setting a vision and a strategy for Google Search, creating an execution roadmap, and the operation of the roadmap. You will lead a cross-functional team of product managers, software engineers, program managers, user experience specialists, and more.
In this role, you will address the needs of the search users. You will improve the search experience and ensure that users can confidently find and hire reputable local service providers who can do the job they need.
- Grow a cross-functional team focusing on the Search mission.
- Set a vision on how to make Google Search meet the expectations of and grow usage by users.
- Lead and form market strategy by setting product goals and metrics to measure success and align the strategy with the overall Google Search strategy.
- Create a roadmap and secure support from internal teams for the execution of the devised strategy. Lead the execution of the roadmap, partner with necessary internal teams, and monitor/report progress.
- Develop and nurture relationships with partners to support Google’s mission. Participate in public events to represent Google and its products.