Industry: NGO/Social Services
Work Experience: 1-3 years
Zip/Postal Code: 52201-00100
1.Finance & Accounting
• Raising accurate and timely customer invoices according to contractual terms.
• Managing A/R aging ensuring steady cash flow for operations.
• Posting vendor bills while ensuring availability of complete support documentation and adherence to internal policies and procedures.
• Managing A/P aging ensuring obligations are cleared within set payment terms.
• Initiating bank payments for approved expenses.
• Responsible for processing petty cash replenishment for related entities.
• Responsible for 2nd signing/approval of requisitions related entities.
• Responsible for the overall financial management of assigned projects.
• Crafting, handling, and ensuring adherence to applicable financial policies and procedures in place.
• End of month accounts procedures including reconciliation of bank statement, petty cash, receivables, and accounts payables.
• Posting journals in the accounting system and ledger reconciliations.
• Any other accounting and finance tasks assigned by management.
• Physical & Digital filing of financial data.
2.Taxes and Statutory
• Deduction, filing and payment of taxes; withholding, VAT, PAYE, etc.
• Liaising with statutory bodies on compliance matters.
• Preparing and submitting monthly financial reports to clients within timelines.
• Preparing management accounts and submitting to supervisor for review.
• Statutory Audits: Coordinating activities of independent external auditors ensuring that all compliance issues are resolved.
• Preparing any other financial reports as required by management .
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Economics, Business, or any other relevant field.
- Professional qualification in Accounting – CPA(K) or ACCA is an added advantage.
- Minimum of 2 years of finance and accounting experience, including finance, accounting, audit, and analysis (including gathering, evaluating, presenting, and reporting financial information to management and external stakeholders).
- Solid experience in coordinating audit activities and managing reporting, budget development and analysis, accounts payable and receivable, general ledger, and accounting.
- Proficiency with Xero accounting system and excellent Excel skills desired.
- Entrepreneurial drive and proven ability to take ownership and lead the team’s combined learning.
- Collaborative, data-oriented approach to problem-solving