Apply by 29 April 2022
About the role:
BURN is looking for an accountant who will be responsible for preparing accounts and managing financial information. You will be required to prepare and examine financial records, assuring information is up to date and accurate as well as accounting or taxation or focus on more specific areas of the company’s financial department. The individual will be required be a French speaker so as to communicate with French speaking clients.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Enter all financial transaction details into accounting system on real time basis for both local and foreign entities.
- Supplier Management.
- Assist with implementing and maintaining internal financial controls and procedures.
- Assist with preparation and coordination of the audit process.
- Statutory filing.
- Prepare supplier payments.
- Identify and address discrepancies on purchase invoices and receipts shared.
- Ensure all supporting documentation (including tax compliant invoices) is available and filed correctly.
- Customer invoicing.
- Accounts Receivable – Preparing, verifying and sending customer statements for both local and the export markets.
- Submitting financial reports on a timely basis.
- Updating and keeping all settings up to date in ERP/accounting system.
- Any other tasks as requested by line manager and/or senior management
- Experience in Microsoft Dynamics NAV is desirable.
- At least 3 years’ experience in a business environment preferably manufacturing industry.
- Must be French speaking
- Bachelor’s degree in finance or accounting.
- CPA finalist.
Operations & Admin
Energy & Utilities
YEARS OF EXPERIENCE
- Statutory Filing
- Expense Management
About BURN Manufacturing
Impacting lives and forests through efficient cooking appliances.
BURN Manufacturing designs, produces, and distributes Africa’s best-selling, fuel efficient biomass, electric, hybrid and liquid fuel cooking appliances. Not only do our products save money, fuel, and natural resources, but they also dramatically reduce harmful indoor smoke emissions which can cause significant health problems, even death.
With more than 1.2Millon+ stoves sold since commencing manufacturing operations in 2013, BURN has established itself as Africa’s most trusted cookstove brand thanks to our unwavering commitment to innovative research and design, manufacturing excellence, and customer care.
BURN is now the only vertically integrated modern cookstove company in Sub-Saharan Africa. Our solar-powered facility currently has a capacity of 45,000 stoves per month. We are proud to employ 400 team members throughout Kenya and East Africa, and support a workforce which is 50 percent female, thus empowering women in roles traditionally considered to be “for men only.”
Among our national and global honors, we have received the 2018 Bloomberg New Energy Pioneers Award for being among the world’s leaders in clean energy solutions, the 2018 Swiss Energy and Climate Summit Award for our pitch on the impact of clean-burning stoves, and the 2015 Ashden Green Energy International Award for empowering women with new economic opportunities.